What is beauty for you? How could you define it? Can you shift your perception about it? Would you? Are you willing to for self love? For your own health? To love others?
Mmm… it is a big one, right?
Eating plays a major role on how your skin looks and protects you. Than I have one more question, that I would like to ask you to just sit on, think about and open your heart and allow it to answer.
Can you eat without feeling guilty and start to eat the way it nourishes you and makes you happy?
Here are some examples of some of the most wholesome foods you can help your skin’s work from the inside:
- Drink water! – it is not only the source of life and has so many benefits, it keeps your skin moist, helps the blood flow and get rid of toxins.
- Healthy Fats – Omega 3 fatty acids are responsible for healthy and strong cell membranes, so it helps to keep water and nutrients in your cells and while letting it detoxify. They also decreases inflammation. Found in: cold water fatty fishes like mackerel, salmon, sardines, anchovies, flax seeds, chia seeds, avocado, walnuts, brazil nuts, spinach, mustard greens.
- Antioxidants for healthy cells – curcumin – you can use it externally and internally too. Facial mask, wrinkle treatment, helps heal wounds, fades hyperpigmentation, increase circulation, delay diabetes 2, prevent blood clots and so much more! I cook with it as much as I can, you can also make beautiful, nourishing Golden Mylk with it.
- Vitamin C – promotes new collagen production which firms up your skin. Vitamin C over its high numbers on benefits may also protects against the harmful UV rays which tends to damage the skin. Foods the highest in Vitamin C are peppers, papayas, kiwis, broccoli, kale, strawberry and brussels sprouts.
- Sulphur is the shhh for your hair, skin and nails! – it is a natural antiseptic helping the skin fights acne and skin infection and necessary for collagen production, found also in keratin which strengthens your skin, hair and nails. Cruciferous vegetables, onion and garlic, egg, protein-based meat or for vegan friends most of the legumes.
- Greens (imagine all the heart emojis here) – they are good for what not basically
- Oats – overall most inexpensive beauty food. It nourishes you from the inside out. You can eat it as savory oatmeal in the morning or with fruits and top it with cinnamon (help get relief from PMS) or make a face mask with grinding it with water, honey and turmeric and apply it on your face. It is an antioxidant, rich in beta-glucan fiber, manganese, selenium, phosphorus, magnesium, and zinc, Vitamin E.
Foods to avoid: sugar, milk, gluten-enriched products, saturated fats, vegetable oil
It is important to balance your blood sugar to reduce inflammation and increase antioxidant intake.
I would Love to hear about your favorite beauty foods!