Having a skin care ritual is not only beneficial for your skin it is also an amazing way to honor your temple, not just physically, mentally also. Self care time is Non-Negotiable for me, one form of it is taking care of my biggest, hardworking, protective, beautiful organ, My Skin ♥ I would also like to encourage You to send love to your skin and show gratitude every single day for all the things it does for you. Love your skin! With or without pimples, all the blemishes, scars, hairs, moles on it, every single detail of it. Because You deserve to Be loved, especially by Yourself. PERIOD.
Mainstream cosmetic products are one of the biggest sources of toxins we can put into/onto our body that you’ve already read earlier here. To make your transition to green beauty easier, I wrote you down my favorite ways of oil cleansing methods. Don’t let the word ‘oil’ make you believe it’s going to make your skin ‘oily’. Actually it is the opposite, it’s going to mimic your skin’s natural sebum. Sugar and hormones cause pimples, not oil. Oils works well with all skin type, although there are certain oils that works better with different skin types. If you already know your skin type, you can find the combinations below, if not, you can do the quiz here.
Also, don’t forget that our skin type can change with the season.
Pumpkin Seed Oil
Hemp Seed Oil
Apricot Kernel Oil
Sunflower Seed Oil
Cranberry Seed Oil
Borage Seed Oi
3 Steps Oil Cleansing Ritual
- Apply a small amount of oil of your choice on your face and massage it in your skin for about 2 mins with small circular movements. You don’t need to wash off your makeup before or wet your face.
- Let the oil sit on your skin for a little, if you don’t have makeup on than for at least 10 mins.
- Place a clean towel under running warm (or hot, but don’t burn yourself) water and gently clean your face with it. Repeat if needed.
- These information’s are based on my own experiences, I encourage you to find the method, product or combination that feels the best for you. Do your own researches if needed.
- Be patient! If you just stopped using Mainstream cosmetics, most likely your skin will start to clean/heal itself first.
I would love to hear about your Skin Care Routine!